|Year Of Creation||2005-2006|
|Information and Statistics|
|Highest Finish AutoNav||NA|
|Highest Finish Design||NA|
- Distance: 0 feet
- Design Competition Placement: 13th in design group (454 / 800 points)
- AutoNav Competition Placement: 28th (last)
Mechanical Design & Issues
Trixxie is a basic cube-shaped robot with two motors mounted on the front. The base has three layers in ascending order: a level for holding Trixxie's heavy batteries, a mid level for holding electronics and the laptop, and a top level on which a payload may sit.
Electrical Design & Issues
The electronic hardware of the IGVC robot is built around a central laptop. The laptop provides a central processing unit for all data aquired from the modules.
Laptop Hardware Specs
- Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz
- Physical Memory
- 512 MB RAM
- IDE Master
- 30GB ATA-5 4200RPM HD
- File system partition = dev/hda2 18GB
External Access: The inputs and outputs of the laptop are described by which physical side of the laptop on which they occur.
- DC-in Jack
- Parallel Port
- External Display Port (AGP)
- Video Out Port (S-Video)
- Serial Port
- Two USB Ports - Each supports USB 1.0 and 2.0
- Modem Jack
- Network Jack
- PS/2 Port
- Security Keylock
- Firewire Port (IEEE 1394)
- Audio Line-in Jack
- Audio Line-out Jack
- Volume Control Knob
- 3.5 Inch Floppy Drive
- PC Card Slot - Accepts one Type III PC card or two Type I/II PC cards
- IDE Slave
Under Construction - To add a how-to for using the GUI, descriptions of the files, and additional software development tools.
OS: The IGVC laptop is running Debian Linux kernel v.220.127.116.11. The KDE v.3.3 desktop environment is also running on the machine.
GUI: To activate the GUI, open a UNIX terminal, navitage to laptop_svn, and type ./IGVC.
Software Design & Issues
The code is stored in an SVN repository:
The following image sequences were taken on 10/08/2005 as test footage for creating vision algorithms.
- IGVCclip1.zip - IGVCclip1movie.mov
- IGVCclip2.zip - IGVCclip2movie.mov
- IGVCclip3.zip - IGVCclip3movie.mov
- IGVCclip4.zip - IGVCclip4movie.mov
- IGVCclip5.zip - IGVCclip5movie.mov
- IGVCclip6.zip - IGVCclip6movie.mov