|Year Of Creation||2022-2023|
|Information and Statistics|
|Weapon Class||Vertical Weapon|
Scampi is a mostly undefeated 3lb vertical spinner. It was originally planned to be a modular robot with horizontal and vertical modules, but after careful reconsideration and deliberation we decided to focus on the vertical component when our robot was half a pound over weight 8 hours before we had to leave for competition. We ended our competition with an overall record of 0-2 but are the current favorite to win it all in the grudge matches.
- Bracket Style:
- [Loss vs Nasti]
- [Loss vs Tailspin]
- Bracket Style:
Created by: Shri Thada, Maggie Fontaine, Carter Semrad, Leo Lam, Grace Gelaude, Yusuke Tsutsumi, Alex Deihl, Ian Ihrig, Lucy Bricker, and honorarily Todd Hayes
|Drive Motors||22mm BotKits Gear Motor|
|Drive Motor Controllers||Scorpion|
|Weapon Motor||PROPDRIVE v2 2830 800KV Brushless Outrunner Motor|
|Weapon Motor Controllers||Unknown, ordered a cobra but it didn't work for us|
|Receiver||Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2|
|Remote Control||Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx and Rx V2|
|Battery||MaxAmps 3s 1050mah|
|Max Weapon RPM||1200 RPM|
|Min Spin Up Time||4 seconds|
|Drive Speed||4 ft/s|
- When damaged, the shaft has much more rotational friction, so the weapon struggles to spin up after a hit.
- Replaced back plate with plastic for weight, battery fell out in every match because the back plate broke or came off.
- Slight skew to the right when driving forwards
- None relevant to match, some ESCs exploded before competition. (not our fault)
- Weapon hit a robot across 10ft arena, was very hype.
- Wheels coated in latex, helped probably
- Did not explode in match
- Switched from a modular design to a vertical spinner because our robot was 3.5 lbs in the 3lb category.
- Latex wheels
- (whatever images and videos you have)
(random joke, optional)
(Naming inspiration, optional)
(Names of original builders)