From RoboJackets Wiki
|Picture goes here|
|Year Of Creation||2014-2015|
|Information and Statistics|
|Weapon Class||Drum Spinner|
<a href="Motorama%202016">Motorama 2016</a>
- <a href="https://youtu.be/Bxi25QQey4c" alt="https://youtu.be/Bxi25QQey4c" title="https://youtu.be/Bxi25QQey4c">Loss vs Thunder Child</a>
- Emmii's drum did not reach low enough to do much damage against Thunder Child's wedge.
- Loss was due to the judge decision that Thunder Child dominated for more of the match.
- Showed that Emmii's drum teeth had too much ground clearance and that its drive train was made useless by picking up the back end of the robot.
- <a href="https://youtu.be/Y2Nf2-uj-HE" alt="https://youtu.be/Y2Nf2-uj-HE" title="https://youtu.be/Y2Nf2-uj-HE">Loss vs Revenge of Dr. Superbrain</a>
- Emmii made some good hits, but after being flipped over too many times, one of its drive motors came detached from its gearbox, rendering it immobile.
- Problem can be fixed by applying lock-tite to the screws that attach the motors to their gearboxes.
- RoDS won by judge decision.
Created By: Thatcher Freeman, Caeleb Jenkins, and Kelsey Pepper
|Drive Motors|| Pololu 20.4:1 Metal Gearmotor 25D HP|
| Drive Motor Controllers
|| Robot Power Scorpion Mini|
| Weapon Motor
Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 2826-920kv Brushless Outrunner
|Weapon Motor Controllers|| Hobbyking 20A Blueseries Brushless Speed Controller|
|Reciever|| Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2|
|Remote Control|| Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx and Rx V2|
|Battery|| Multistar Racer Series 1400 mAh 3s 40C-80C|
- Wires came out of Scorpion mini speed controller every so often. Make sure the screws are tight before matches.
- Pololu motor detached from gearbox. Use lock-tite to make sure they're secure.
- Weapon teeth did not go close enough to the ground.
- Weapon drum likely too small to deal a lot of damage, though weight was taken out of the drum to allow the armor to be larger.
- Large nature of armor made it easy for other robots to pick up one of Emmii's edges and stop its wheels from contacting the ground.
- Weapon ESC did not enable the weapon to spin backwards when upside down.
- Teeth were slightly loose after some testing, but this was fixed by supergluing the teeth into the drum.
- Had some issues where there was too much friction between the drum and the frame of the robot, but this was fixed by loosening the bolts holding in the press-fit motor and replacing the bearing.
- Armor was essentially unharmed. HDPE can be an effective robot exterior.
- Plenty of space for wires
- Wall between electronics and weapon to protect electronics
- Velcro strap to hold battery to electronics wall was a good idea.
- Weapon spun up quickly, had no major design issues other than the tooth length and the weapon mass.
- Using bolts as teeth helped simplify design process and stayed connected.
- Make armor smaller so the curved portion does not take as much weight. This way, the drum can have more mass.
- Have less clearance over the ground. Ideally less than an eighth inch.
- Make sure bolts are lock-tited in.
- Perhaps use a faster motor.
- <a href="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Flippi/MrWedge" alt="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Flippi/MrWedge" title="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Flippi/MrWedge">Flippi/Mr Wedge</a>
- <a href="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Vicki" alt="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Vicki" title="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Vicki">Vicki</a>
- <a href="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Group_5" alt="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Group_5" title="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Group_5">Group 5</a>
- <a href="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Smitti_Werbenjagermanjensen" alt="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Smitti_Werbenjagermanjensen" title="http://wiki.robojackets.org/w/Smitti_Werbenjagermanjensen">Smitti Werbenjagermanjensen</a>