As part of the RoboCup 2009 Mechanical, the chassis holds the various system together and is primarily composed of a top and bottom plate.
- 1 Drawings
- 2 Materials
- 3 Assembly Structure
- 4 Non-Mechanical Components
- 5 Parts & Components
- 6 Cost Estimates
- 7 Action Log
Parts & Components
Amounts are based on per robot. Materials are in sizes for prototyping not lowest cost per robot volume pricing if available is in parenthesis.
Plate - Bottom
- Vendor -
- Part No. -
- Cost -
- Description -
6-32 Low Head Socket Cap Screw
- Vendor - McMaster-Carr
- Part No. - 92220A141
- Cost - $7.42 (Packs of 25)
- Description - Alloy Steel Low Head Socket Cap Screw 6-32 Thread, 1/4" Length
1/8" Locating Pins
- Vendor - MSC Industrial Supply
- Part No. - 88231469
- Cost - $26.46 (pk 100)
- Description - Precision Ground Dowel Pins - Stainless Steel Type: Dowel Pin Diameter: 1/8 Overall Length: 3/16 Material: Stainless Steel - 416 SS Finish/Coating: Bright
- 02/08/2008 - Initial base with 4 modules designed.
- 02/18/2009 - Preliminary solenoid added.
- 03/17/2009 - Batteries and Caps now fit.
- 03/19/2009 - Everything all assemblies now fit with out clipping.
- 03/20/2009 - Fillets added to base plate to keep it with in dimensions.
- 03/22/2009 - Updated chipper & kicker assembly added.
- 04/12/2009 - Base plate modified to allow attachment of chipper & kicker assembly.
- 07/18/2009 - Bottom plate CAM'd.
- 12/28/2009 - Bottom plate machined.
- 01/31/2010 - Electrical board standoffs and new caps are selected. Designs updated.
- 03/19/2010 - Top plate water jetted.
- 03/20/2010 - Drive train test completed with weights producing a gross robot weight of 5 lbs. Robot is faster and more responsive than 2008.