This page provides information on the specific rules and regulations within RoboJackets for planning trips. For instructions on how to plan a trip, see Planning a Trip.
Members are eligible to attend a trip if they meet all of the following criteria:
- They have paid their dues
- Contribute meaningfully to the team, in the opinion of the Project Manager or President
Associate Members are eligible to attend if they meet all of the above conditions and subject to the below stipulations:
- RoboJackets will not purchase plane tickets on behalf of associate members, in order to comply with GT's RSO Policy prohibiting funding any travel expense for a non-student from the Student Activity Fee
All RoboJackets trips that travel farther than 100 miles from Georgia Tech's Atlanta campus shall charge a fee. Historically, people would sign up for free trips and drop out at the last minute, leaving many unused competition registrations and empty seats in rental vehicles. The specific amount of the fee is left to the discretion of the PM, President, and Treasurer, however the following formula is suggested.
Where Total Cost includes all costs, including competition registration, transportation, and lodging.
Fees may be waived for members who cannot afford them at the discretion of the President.
RoboJackets will allocate funds for any of the following approved expenses:
- Team competition registration fees
- Individual competition registration fees
- Plane tickets
- Rental cars and fuel
- Baggage fees for Robots or equipment
- Shipping fees for Robots or equipment
- Import/Export Fees (Such as an ATA Carnet)
RoboJackets may allocate funds at the discretion of the PM, President, and Treasurer for the following expenses:
- Ground Transportation at competition (I.e. Train/Subway tickets)
- Gifts for opponent teams
RoboJackets will not allocate funds for any of the following travel-related expenses:
- Meals or snacks not included as a part of registration
- Entertainment / Leisure activities
- Lodging for any nights spent in excess of the minimum required for competition
- Fees associated with a member obtaining a passport
- Fees associated with a member obtaining a visa
- Baggage fees for personal luggage, unless the member has a RoboJackets case as a carry-on
- Any item that violates U.S or local laws