RoboCup Software encompasses all parts of the system that run on a host machine (not the robots). The entire software system is composed both of the components we play soccer and compete with as well as a sort of SDK that allows new components to be written quickly for idea and system testing.
We currently host our software project on github, so check it out: https://github.com/RoboJackets/robocup-software.
- Everything after vision and before radio happens here.
- Simulates a game environment, including vision and radio
- The standard SSL referee box for issuing referee commands to all teams
- Radio communication with on-field robots
- Playback of logged data
- Records vision and referee data just like soccer does, but with no processing.
- Reads vision and referee packets from a tcpdump file and generates a log file. Use with util/log_vision.
- RoboCup Tips&Tricks
- Some pointers on how to begin writing and debugging code.
- RoboCup GIT HOWTO
- We currently use Git as our code management system, and this will explain how to acquire and update the code base.
- RoboCup Simulator Execution
- How to start and configure the simulator and connect to one or two soccer playing modules, as well as the Referee Module
- RoboCup Live Robot Execution
- How to start and run the soccer with actual robots, connect to shared vision, and receive commands from the Referee Module
There are a variety of conventions used throughout the code, both to represent soccer-playing, and to maintain consistency in code development.