Requesting Access to Buildings
It may be necessary for officers to request access to various buildings on campus to fulfill their responsibilities or to request access to certain buildings for RoboJackets members. This page is provide guidance on how this is accomplished for different buildings/departments.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Shop keys should be signed out by a member who has not been issued one
- Shop keys may need to be cut, so don't expect one immediately
- Shop keys are tracked here: PeopleWithKeys
BuzzCard Access (SCC, Shop, 575 14th Common Areas)
575 14th Street is active on the new S2 access control system as of January 2021. Anyone needing door access must have a BuzzCard issued in 2015 or newer (blue banner on the front, no barcode). Anyone with an old BuzzCard can visit the BuzzCard Center and get a new card for free upon surrendering their old one.
Access for members is granted to one of two "access packages". Individuals should never be in both.
- 575F-GRP SCC without RoboJackets
- Access to all SCC areas, exterior building doors, parking gate, etc.
- Use this one for general members
- 575F-GRP SCC with RoboJackets
- All listed above, plus access to the RoboJackets shop
- Use this one for Core or anyone else needing access to the shop and all other SCC areas
To export the list of GTIDs, follow these instructions from the MyRoboJackets documentation.
Names do not need to included in the CSV, just GTIDs, per guidance from BuzzCard staff 01/2021.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org the above CSVs, explaining which CSV is for which access package.
- CC Facility Advisor Dr.Hammond on the email, who should then to the email saying "Approved"
- Only CC Dr.C if there is an issue with the process that Dr.Hammond cannot solve
- ME Facilities will only grant access once approval is received from Dr. Hammond.
College of Computing
College of Computing Building
- Have CoC sponsor contact email@example.com
- For RIM access (and building access) contact Nina White.
- CoC Building Access Information
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Befriend an ECE student. All ECE students have access.
- Join the amateur radio club, W4AQL, and if you pay a $50 deposit, you get a physical key that will open the front doors of Van Leer and the shack on the 4th floor.