Personal Project Guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- RJ members are permitted to use RJ and Common Machining Area equipment for personal projects, provided that the following conditions hold:
- The individual must be a dues-paying member for that semester
- The individual must be an active member of RoboJackets and in attendance of the majority of his respective team’s meetings, at the discretion of the project manager
- All RoboJackets and Student Competition Center team machine use takes precedence over the individual’s project, and the individual must verbally make it clear to any other members with an interest of using equipment that they are working on a personal project
- Members fulfilling these requirements are permitted to use surplus stock materials (including but not limited to sheets of metal, plastic, 3D printer filament, etc), granted that they ascertain that the material does not belong to any team and do so sparingly. They are to stop use of these supplies immediately should they be asked to by any RJ project manager or officer.
- Members fulfilling these requirements should not store their projects in RoboJackets space for extended periods of time, and when holding their project at the shop should do so in an out-of-the-way location
- Examples of permissible temporary storage locations include beneath the RoboCup field
- The project must promptly be removed upon request by any of the officers, project managers, or SCC administrators.
- Any of these privileges may, in their entirety or in part, be denied at any time by any RoboJackets officer or Project Manager