JEDI is a RoboJackets service that synchronizes member information from MyRoboJackets aka Apiary to other RoboJackets-managed services. This enables new members to quickly and easily get access to the services they need, and automatically cleans up access from people who are no longer in RoboJackets. It operates completely transparently to the general membership, and most people will never need to interact with it directly or even know it exists.
This service is fully developed and maintained by RoboJackets IT.
The following applications and services receive updates from JEDI.
- Nextcloud (RoboJackets Cloud)
- Shared User Management System (SUMS)
- WordPress (RoboJackets.org)
What changes are made to applications?
This section broadly describes what effects JEDI has on other applications as of the time of this writing. It is subject to change based on business needs.
Note that accounts in systems are never created by JEDI; instead, the account is created when the member logs in for the first time.
When a member pays dues
- They will be added to the RoboJackets billing group in SUMS.
- They will be invited to the RoboJackets organization in GitHub, if their account is linked. The invitation will include any teams that match the names of those in Apiary (e.g. if the member is in the IGVC team in Apiary, they will be invited to the IGVC team in GitHub.)
- Their Nextcloud account will be enabled, if it already exists. Team membership will be synchronized with Apiary.
- Their WordPress account will be enabled, if it already exists and they are in the appropriate group.
When a member's access expires
This typically happens when a member stops paying dues. There is a configurable grace period, typically set to the following dues deadline (e.g. paying dues for fall gives you access until the spring dues deadline.)
- They will be removed from the RoboJackets billing group in SUMS.
- They will be removed from the RoboJackets organization in GitHub, if their account is linked.
- Their Nextcloud account will be disabled, if it exists.
- Their WordPress account will be disabled, if it exists.
When a member joins or leaves a team
Note that due to a bug in Apiary, team changes made in the admin panel do not trigger updates.
- Their Nextcloud groups will be synchronized.
- They will be added to any applicable teams in GitHub, if their account is linked. Note that GitHub team removals are currently not automated for architectural reasons.