Difference between revisions of "About Trello"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Cleaned up joining instructions)
Revision as of 22:23, 9 January 2019
Trello is a project management tool, which allows you to keep track of tasks, see what tasks others are working on, and have a general overview of all tasks.
How to use Trello
- If you don't already have a Trello account, sign up for one at https://trello.com/signup
- Join the RoboJackets Trello organization. Typically, a invite link can be found in the topic for the #general channel in Slack, but if not, you can ask for one in the #it-helpdesk Slack channel.
- Once you're in the organization, you should join the boards that are relevant to you, such as your team's boards.
- For detailed instructions, follow Trello's getting started guides:
- When you start a large project, it's usually best to have a Trello card for it. Create this Trello card in the subteam board it applies to, and under the correct category within that board.
- Add members who are working with you on this project to the card.
- Add labels that apply to the card's contents.
- If a card has multiple parts to it, you can create a checklist for each subtask, and check them off to show progress.
- Add a due date to the card. For events, this is the start time of the event.
- When you have completed the task, archive the Trello card.