From GT RoboJackets
The RoboJackets Outreach team's mission is the promotion of science and engineering education in K-12 students. Working primarily though USFIRST programs, we engage students directly to facilitate hands-on learning through competitive robotics.
Our educational initiatives currently consist of three primary components:
- Technology Enrichment Sessions - educational workshops leveraging the FIRST Tech Challenge to teach fundamental robotics concepts to area students.
- FRC Kickoff - the announcement event for the FIRST Robotics Competition. In 2013, over 800 students were in attendance on campus.
- FRC Competition - working directly with an FRC team, we act as coaches and mentors to assist students in fielding a competition robot over an intensive six week build season.
Past FRC Partner Teams
- Reboot - FRC 4080
- Tech High School - FRC 2420
- Georgia Robotics Alliance "SOUP" - FRC 1848
- Wheeler High School "CircuitRunners" - FRC 1002
- Roswell High School "Chimera" - FRC 832
4080 - Reboot
- 2012 - Rookie Inspiration Award
- 2013 - Peachtree Regional Champions
- Jevawn Roberts (Alumni Adviser)
- Project Manager - Ben Nuttle
- Mechanical Lead - Casey O'Connor
- Programming Lead - Alex Eng
- Public Relations - Sue Pedapudi
Please use these provided resources for assistance in FIRST competitions or educational robotics: